21 February 2011

Happiness Tips

I have compiled a mental list of things that make me happy.  Some of the things are small, some big, and I'm always adding to it.  I keep this list around because I really hate being in a funk.  When I'm not in the best of moods, I'll go down this list and find something on it that will help blow the dark clouds away.  I've decided to post a 'Happiness Tip' at the bottom of all my posts, just to make sure you all come back and visit me :)

Yes, some of these may not interest you what-so-ever and may not work for you, but then again, maybe there will be one posted that is exactly what you need at that exact moment.

Aaaand, here's the first:

Happiness Tip- do something you're not particularly good at.  The secret to the success of this is that you must already know you are not good at it.  Choose something you enjoy but don't have to be perfect at.  My favorite thing to do, that I am not good at, is drawing.  I'm at terrible artist, but I still do it because it very rarely fails to put me into a good mood.  Often, I'll attempt to illustrate scene's from the stories I write.  Most of the time when I do this people can't tell what I've tried to draw, but it still allows me to see something on paper that I have in my mind.

I drew this the other day.  It's on the back of a pizza box.  As you can see, it's not the best dragon you've ever seen, but it's still one of my favorite things to draw.

So, go do something you're not good at and have no expectations of yourself.  Just go out, do it, and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment