I have four resolutions this year:
1. Become a published author, whether it be a short story, an article for a newspaper/magazine, or a book.
2. Learn how to cook! I can bake with the best of them but the art of cooking has continuously evaded me.
3. Play the piano every day (this will commence once the piano is brought back out after Christmas decorations are taken down).
4. Floss. (Impressively, I am on my fifth day in a row of flossing).
I have joined the Society for Children's Book Writers and Illustrators (scbwi) and am extremely excited for all they have to offer including finding a critique group to join. They have a conference coming up in February in Atlanta, GA that I would love to attend. Unfortunately, the trip would cost upwards of $400 and that just isn't in my budget right now. Thankfully, more conferences will come up that I will be able to go to.
Currently, I have a few books in progress.
1. A trilogy for young adults that I have been diligently working on for a year now. After all that hard work, I have decided to take a break and am working on a fun children's book entitled
2. Rupert and the House that Spews Dragons, although I imagine that title will evolve and change a few dozen times before it is finished.
3. I have pulled out a short story I wrote in my second year of college: The Suit.
I hope one of these will make its way to publication this year.
Stay tuned and I will hopefully put up an excerpt from one of my works in progress :)