15 January 2011

Creativity

            I don’t often wonder where ideas come from.  Creativity strikes, a world is born, and I do my best to keep up and write it down.  I have been asked recently where my ideas come from and I have read some posts on creativity, so I’ve decided to write one of my own.

            Where exactly though does creativity come from?  Is it something inside us or is it motivated by outside forces?

            When I was in middle school we had classes in separate parts of the building.  I remember walking in between classes day dreaming to myself.  I’d have to shake my head and remind myself of where I actually was.  For me, I believe my writing and creativity is some sort of mutation of reality.  There are bits of truth in everything I write, or at least things I hope to be true.

            I’ve learned over the past couple years that creativity is not confined to one aspect of life, such as music, painting, or writing.  It also resides in sports- someplace I never would have thought to find it.  The greatest sports players are creative geniuses, able to think around a situation in an instant.  Creativity comes in different forms and is used in many different ways.  Perhaps all of us, even those of us who think we aren’t creative, actually are.

            Over all, I believe creativity is something sparked by the outside world, a part of us grabs onto that spark and something great comes to life.

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is really cool!!

    check out mine pls?

    www.electricbrandon.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Juliana - yours is the first post in ths series that links sports to creativity, but you're absolutely right. And I think creativity - at least, inspiration - is often sparked by outside events.

    Come visit my writing blog if you'd like some tips on different aspects of writing. :-)

    ReplyDelete