30 April 2011

May is for Writing!

Here it is, my writing tracker for the month of May!  It's not the best of pictures, but you get the idea.  A few weeks ago, I said my goal was to write 2k words a day.  The important part of this is that I had a tangible goal, something specific I could strive toward.  It wasn't important that I actually write two thousand words each and every day.  That's a lot.  It was important I sit down and write.  For the couple of weeks I kept that up I actually wrote between 1,500 and 1,800 words, which I was very proud of.  My WIP is now up to 31k.

Back to May and my writing tracker.  One of my favorite things to play, when I was little, was being a teacher.  My parents gave me white board markers and sent me to a window or mirror where I would happily color.  I brought this back about a month ago and took to writing reminders for myself on my bathroom mirror.  This morning, I decided to use the smaller medicine mirror in the bathroom to keep a log of my writing, per day.  My goal for the month of May is to finish my WIP by writing at least 1,300 words a day.  I really just want to get the ideas out.  I can use June for all sorts of fun (err...) editing.

Happy writing!

1 comment:

  1. You're so cute honey!

    Thanks for such a sweet comment on my photo shoot post awwww. The answer is - as revenge for being so unpopular growing up. Take that, mean and ugly cheerleaders!

    ReplyDelete